Is your car prepared for the winter? Check the following:
- Battery condition and terminals
- Windshield wipers and washer fluid levels
- Coolant system levels
- Lights and signals
- Tire wear and pressure
Treat your vehicle right!
- Keep your gas tank at least half full
- Start your block heater several hours before driving
- Start your car at least one minute before you drive it
- Drive slowly while engine components warm up
- Completely clear your vehicle of snow and ice, including the windows, mirrors, roof, trunk, hood and lights
Did you know?
Your car’s engine coolant should have a minimum freezing point of -35C to -45C. The tires on most cars are underinflated, reducing their performance and creating a driving hazard. The air pressure in your tires changes by one pound for every 5C change in air temperature.