CVOR – Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration
Commercial vehicle operators in Ontario must have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) Certificate and carry a copy at all times. The CVOR system is part of the Get or Renew a CVOR Certificate aimed at improving road safety for all Ontario road users.
ABS Safecom can help you with:
- Getting a CVOR Certificate
- Renewing a CVOR Certificate
- Changing a CVOR Certificate
- Commercial Vehicle Operator Products
- Carrier Safety Rating Program
Operators that need a CVOR Certificate
Carriers that operate certain types of vehicles require a CVOR certificate, and include commercial motor vehicles that are plated in Ontario, the U.S or Mexico.
These commercial motor vehicles include:
- Trucks with a gross weight or registered gross weight of over 4,500 kg
- Buses with a seating capacity of 10 or more passengers
Vehicles plated in other Canadian provinces or territories do not need a CVOR certificate. They require a Safety Fitness Certificate from the province or territory in which the vehicle was plated.